Search over 14250 files in WikiProfe
- Where did you meet your wife?
- Woman: I'd like to introduce you to my boss. I'd like you to meet my boss.
- Man: Hi, pleased to meet you.
We use "meet" to refer to a reunion of people.
- Bob: Do you know my wife? Have you met my wife?
- Steve: Yes, nice to see you again, Jane.
Once you've "met" a person then you know the person but it's not uncommon to use "meet" when encountering a person on subsequent occasions.
- It's nice to meet you again.
"Find" usually refers to the search for or the location of something lost.
- Husband: I can't find my keys. I don't know where I left them. I think I've lost them.
- Wife: Are you looking for these?
- Husband: Where did you find them?
- Wife: You left them in the your pants pocket.
"Find" also means to discover.