Search over 14250 files in WikiProfe
- Every four years the voters pick a new president.
To "pick up" is to take or lift.
- Can you help me pick up this box and put it on the table?
To "pick up" a person is to take them in your car, give them a lift.
- We can go together in my car. I'll pick you up in front of your house at 7:45 in the morning.
To "pick up" an activity is to resume.
- Can we pick up where we left off?
To "pick up" a skill is to acquire, to learn, to understand.
- She's very good at picking up new languages.
To "pick up" is to increase.
- The train didn't pick up speed until it got away from the city.
To "pick up" the phone is to answer the call.
- The phone is ringing. Can you pick it up.
To "pick up" is to pay for.
- Don't bother. I'm picking up the tab today.